Your Body And Hills & Mountains
This is a “Hills and Mountains” guided relaxation video with positive affirmations about Your Body. The video is a 5 minute image relaxation video and affirmations are spoken with a female voice in the second person.
The theme of the guided relaxation video is well focused on positive affirmations for Your Body. The affirmations are done in the second person. These positive thoughts are supported by a visual secondary theme of hills and mountains nature images. These two focused factors help with concentration and relaxation.
There are a number of scenes used in this guided relaxation video which are of hills and mountains.
The audio used in this positive affirmations relaxation video contains nice relaxing music which is continuous in the background. Affirmations are spoken at intervals using a calm female instructor voice and at a volume that is louder than the background music so that they are heard.
There is also a good time gap between each spoken affirmation to allow time for thought. The overall effect is quite relaxing.
The Your Body positive affirmations used are:
1. You allow yourself to rest whenever your body expresses the need.
2. You easily relax your body by letting go of negative thoughts and emotions.
3. Whenever you are stressed, you stop and release any tension in your body.
4. You willingly release all tension in your body and let your muscles fully relax.
5. You easily release any negative tensions from your body.
6. You are able to completely relax your body at any time of the day.
7. Throughout the day, you relax any muscular tension in your body.
8. You ensure that your muscles are relaxed as often as possible.
9. All the muscles in your body relax and let go and your body immediately feels better.
10. Whenever you visualize tranquillity, your body automatically relaxes.
11. There is a peace within you that permeates every part of your body.
12. All tension, stress and negativity evaporates from your body and your mind.
This guided relaxation technique video uses a series of 12 natural images of hills and mountains and related images of natural things within the scenes. Nature images are thought to have a calming effect and are good for relaxation.
The image sizes used for this image relaxation video are all uniform and the images fill the screen completely. Each image is allocated a 30 seconds time span for display to the viewer which is a good length of time. When the transitions are taken into account each image is fully viewable for approximately 25 seconds. All these factors aid the focusing of attention and relaxation.
Between each of the nature images there a slow cross fade transition. Also, at the start of the video there is a slow fade-in from black transition and at the end there is a slow fade-out to black transition.
The video uses a pan & zoom technique to give the feeling of motion which I think aids relaxation.
This guided relaxation video is well focused; has a variety of scenes and images; the audio is a combination of thought provoking Your Body positive affirmations and relaxing music; the images fill the screen completely; the transitions are nice and slow cross-fades; and there is good use of pan & zoom to create a feeling of motion.
I think this is a very good video for relaxation and it would also be great for use as an ambient background video.