Tranquility Relaxing Music And Hills & Mountains Life Quotations
This is a “Hills and Mountains” life quotations relaxation video with relaxing music called Tranquility. The video is a 5 minute guided relaxation video and quotations are spoken with a female voice.
The theme of the guided relaxation video is well focused on life quotations related to hills and mountains. These life quotes are supported by a visual secondary theme of hills and mountains nature images. These two focused factors help with concentration and relaxation.
There are a number of scenes used in this guided relaxation video which are of hills and mountains.
The audio used in this life quotations relaxation video contains nice relaxing music called Tranquility which is continuous in the background. Quotations are spoken at intervals using a calm female instructor voice and at a volume that is louder than the background music so that they are heard.
There is also a good time gap between each spoken quotation to allow time for thought. Note that longer quotations have less of a time gap before the next quotation. The overall effect is quite relaxing.
The hills and mountains life quotations used are:
1. Some of us are timid. We think we have something to lose so we don’t try for that next hill. By Maya Angelou
2. The King of France went up the hill, With twenty thousand men; The King of France came down the hill, And ne’er went up again. English Nursery Rhyme
3. The higher the hill, the stronger the wind: so the loftier the life, the stronger the enemy’s temptations. By John Wycliffe
4. Why do you climb philosophical hills? Because they are worth climbing. There are no hills to go down unless you start from the top. By Margaret Thatcher
5. There is an old-time toast which is golden for its beauty. When you ascend the hill of prosperity may you not meet a friend. By Mark Twain
6. Climb up on some hill at sunrise. Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there. By Robb Sagendorph
7. If you believed yourself to be a writer of eminence, you are now assured of being over the hill-not a sturdy mountain flower but a little wilted lily of the valley. By William H. Gass
8. At eighteen our convictions are hills from which we look; at forty-five they are caves in which we hide. By F. Scott Fitzgerald
9. May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. By Edward Abbey
10. I have nothing new to teach the world. Truth and Non-violence are as old as the hills. All I have done is to try experiments in both on as vast a scale as I could. By Mahatma Gandhi
11. Over the hills, and over the main, To Flanders, Portugal, or Spain; The Queen commands, and we’ll obey, Over the hills and far away. By George Farquhar
12. And o’er the hills and far away, Beyond their utmost purple rim, Beyond the night, across the day, Thro’ all the world she followed him. By Lord Alfred Tennyson
This guided relaxation technique video uses a series of 12 natural images of hills and mountains and related images of natural things within the scenes. Nature images are thought to have a calming effect and are good for relaxation.
The image sizes used for this image relaxation video are all uniform and the images fill the screen completely. Each image is allocated a 30 seconds time span for display to the viewer which is a good length of time. When the transitions are taken into account each image is fully viewable for approximately 25 seconds. All these factors aid the focusing of attention and relaxation.
Between each of the nature images there a slow cross fade transition. Also, at the start of the video there is a slow fade-in from black transition and at the end there is a slow fade-out to black transition.
The video uses a pan & zoom technique to give the feeling of motion which I think aids relaxation.
This guided relaxation video is well focused; has a variety of scenes and images; the audio is a combination of thought provoking life quotes related to hills and mountains and relaxing music; the images fill the screen completely; the transitions are nice and slow cross-fades; and there is good use of pan & zoom to create a feeling of motion.
I think this is a very good video for relaxation and it would also be great for use as an ambient background video.