Feeling Calm Contemplations And Hills & Mountains
This is a Feeling Calm contemplations “Hills and Mountains” relaxation video with relaxing music. The video is a 5 minute guided relaxation video and contemplations are spoken with a female voice.
The theme of the guided relaxation video is well focused on Feeling Calm contemplations which are supported by a visual secondary theme of hills and mountains nature images. These two focused factors help with concentration and relaxation.
There are a number of scenes used in this guided relaxation video which are of hills and mountains.
The audio used in this Feeling Calm contemplations relaxation video contains nice relaxing music which is continuous in the background. Contemplations are spoken at intervals using a calm female instructor voice and at a volume that is louder than the background music so that they are heard.
There is also a good time gap between each spoken contemplation to allow time for thought. Note that longer contemplations have less of a time gap before the next contemplation. The overall effect is quite relaxing.
The Feeling Calm contemplations used are:
1. You feel calm as you bask in the warmth of the sun and look across the contours of the mountain slopes.
2. You gaze calmly across the green canopy of trees to the dome shaped red hills beneath the bright blue sky.
3. You calmly contemplate your route beyond the shaded trees up the slopes of the snow topped mountain.
4. As you peer over the bush you imagine making your way calmly through the bush dotted slopes of the hills beyond.
5. From your terraced mountain position you are instilled with calm as the cloud shadows float gently over the mountains into the valley.
6. You feel calmed by the stillness of the snow covered mountains beyond the tree covered valley floor.
7. You ponder your route as you make your way calmly through the undergrowth towards your mountain peak destination.
8. After a vigorous climb you pause to regain your calm and look out across the valley stream to admire the mountain ridge beyond.
9. You calmly scan the clearing ahead of you for your path through the trees to the snowy mountain top.
10. A calmness comes over you as you stare in wonder above the tree line at the imposing snow dusted rocky mountain face.
11. As you calmly hike across the grassland towards the hills and mountains with the sun on your back, you are reminded of the tranquillity of Mother Nature.
12. You feel completely calm in the tranquillity of the hills and mountains.
This guided relaxation technique video uses a series of 12 natural images of hills and mountains and related images of natural things within the scenes. Nature images are thought to have a calming effect and are good for relaxation.
The image sizes used for this image relaxation video are all uniform and the images fill the screen completely. Each image is allocated a 30 seconds time span for display to the viewer which is a good length of time. When the transitions are taken into account each image is fully viewable for approximately 25 seconds. All these factors aid the focusing of attention and relaxation.
Between each of the nature images there a slow cross fade transition. Also, at the start of the video there is a slow fade-in from black transition and at the end there is a slow fade-out to black transition.
The video uses a pan & zoom technique to give the feeling of motion which I think aids relaxation.
This guided relaxation video is well focused; has a variety of scenes and images; the audio is a combination of thought provoking contemplations about Feeling Calm and relaxing music; the images fill the screen completely; the transitions are nice and slow cross-fades; and there is good use of pan & zoom to create a feeling of motion.
I think this is a very good video for relaxation and it would also be great for use as an ambient background video.