Barren Relaxing Music And Hills & Mountains Life Quotations
This is a “Hills and Mountains” life quotations relaxation video with relaxing music called Barren. The video is a 5 minute guided relaxation video and quotations are spoken with a female voice.
The theme of the guided relaxation video is well focused on life quotations related to hills and mountains. These life quotes are supported by a visual secondary theme of hills and mountains nature images. These two focused factors help with concentration and relaxation.
There are a number of scenes used in this guided relaxation video which are of hills and mountains.
The audio used in this life quotations relaxation video contains nice relaxing music called Barren which is continuous in the background. Quotations are spoken at intervals using a calm female instructor voice and at a volume that is louder than the background music so that they are heard.
There is also a good time gap between each spoken quotation to allow time for thought. Note that longer quotations have less of a time gap before the next quotation. The overall effect is quite relaxing.
The hills and mountains life quotations used are:
1. When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome. By Wilma Rudolph
2. The ordinary man looking at a mountain is like an illiterate person confronted with a Greek manuscript. By Aleister Crowley
3. A sympathetic heart is like a spring of pure water bursting forth from the mountain side. Anonymous
4. Our way is not soft grass, it’s a mountain path with lots of rocks. But it goes upwards, forward, toward the sun. By Ruth Westheimer
5. The conscience is the most flexible material in the world. Today you cannot stretch it over a mole hill; while tomorrow it can hide a mountain. By Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
6. I just want to do God’s will. And He’s allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I’ve looked over, and I’ve seen the Promised Land. Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. I’m goin’ where the wind don’t blow so strange, maybe off on some high cold mountain chain. By Jerry Garcia
8. You never conquer a mountain. Mountains can’t be conquered; you conquer yourself-your hopes, your fears. By Jim Whitaker
9. Bereavement is the sharpest challenge to our trust in God; if faith can overcome this, there is no mountain which it cannot remove. By Dean Inge
10. A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from a mountain top. Anonymous
11. The minute you shift to neutral when you’re trying to go up a hill, you start going backwards. Anonymous
12. When a young man begins to go down hill everything seems to be greased for the occasion. By Josh Billings
This guided relaxation technique video uses a series of 12 natural images of hills and mountains and related images of natural things within the scenes. Nature images are thought to have a calming effect and are good for relaxation.
The image sizes used for this image relaxation video are all uniform and the images fill the screen completely. Each image is allocated a 30 seconds time span for display to the viewer which is a good length of time. When the transitions are taken into account each image is fully viewable for approximately 25 seconds. All these factors aid the focusing of attention and relaxation.
Between each of the nature images there a slow cross fade transition. Also, at the start of the video there is a slow fade-in from black transition and at the end there is a slow fade-out to black transition.
The video uses a pan & zoom technique to give the feeling of motion which I think aids relaxation.
This guided relaxation video is well focused; has a variety of scenes and images; the audio is a combination of thought provoking life quotes related to hills and mountains and relaxing music; the images fill the screen completely; the transitions are nice and slow cross-fades; and there is good use of pan & zoom to create a feeling of motion.
I think this is a very good video for relaxation and it would also be great for use as an ambient background video.