Dream Frontiers Relaxing Music, Ocean Quotes & Ocean Waves Over Pebbles On Beach By IRV
The theme of this guided relaxation video is well focused on quotations related to oceans. These quotes are supported by a visual secondary theme of an ocean waves nature scene. These two focused factors help with concentration and relaxation.
The relaxation session of this video uses just one 5 minute scene of “Ocean Waves Over Pebbles On Beach”.
The audio used in this guided relaxation video contains ocean wave quotations combined with relaxing music. The relaxing music which has a slow tempo with a relaxing style to it is called Dream Frontiers and is under license from RoyaltyFreeMeditationMusic.com.
There are 12 quotations with each being spoken within consecutive 25 second intervals. They are spoken using a calm female instructor voice at a volume that is louder than the background music so that they are heard. There is also a good time gap between each spoken quotation to allow time for thought. Note that longer quotations have less of a time gap before the next quotation. The overall effect is quite relaxing.
The ocean quotations used are:
1. We know that when we protect our oceans we’re protecting our future. By Bill Clinton
2. The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul. By Wyland
3. What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams. By Werner Herzog
4. The sea! the sea! the open sea!, The blue, the fresh, the ever free! By Bryan W. Procter
5. Whenever I look at the ocean, I always want to talk to people, but when I’m talking to people, I always want to look at the ocean. By Haruki Murakami
6. The oceans deserve our respect and care, but you have to know something before you can care about it. By Sylvia Earle
7. Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. By Andre Gide
8. My soul is full of longing for the secrets of the sea, and the heart of the great ocean sends a thrilling pulse through me. By Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
9. With every drop of water you drink, every breath you take, you’re connected to the sea. No matter where on Earth you live. By Sylvia Earle
10. I think space exploration is very important. I think there is very intelligent life on Mars. I believe that Martians are spying on us from the bottom of the ocean. By Annabella Sciorra
11. The fact that one can lose one’s sense of self in an ocean of tranquility does not mean that one’s consciousness is immaterial or that it presided over the birth of the universe. By Sam Harris
12. We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something. By Mother Teresa
This guided relaxation video technique uses one 5 minute still video clip of one natural scene that includes ocean waves. The image size used for this image relaxation video fills the screen completely. Images within the scene include: waves in an ocean and pebbles on the sand of a beach. I love the simplicity of this video. Just waves rolling on to the pebbles on the beach then retreating back to the ocean. Sometimes the waves come in from the side also.
As there is only one still video clip used in this relaxation video there are no transitions used. However, at the start of the relaxation session there is a slow fade-in from black transition and at the end of the relaxation session there is a slow fade-out to black transition. There are also some fade-ins and fade-outs used in the session preparation and session ending.
Although there are no special techniques used in this video there is a session preparation and session ending:
Session preparation – 1 minute 6 seconds long at the start which includes a logo then a still image from the video with an audio containing the relaxing music and a voiceover saying:
- Welcome to this relaxation video!
- In a moment, you will be shown, a moving image nature scene with relaxing music.
- This time is for you, and you alone.
- You don’t need, to do anything, except relax, and allow yourself, to have this time.
- Make yourself, as comfortable as possible, and breathe normally.
- Allow your thoughts, to come and go, as they will.
- Focus on, the shapes, colour, textures and motions of nature’s glory!
- Take a journey, in your mind, and imagine yourself, there!
- Allow the sounds, of the relaxing music, to wash over you, and listen to the quotations.
- Let us begin!
Session ending – 38 seconds long at the end which includes a still image from the video clip with an audio containing an arousal jingle followed by a voiceover and a logo/copyright. The voiceover says:
- Your relaxation session is now ending.
- I hope you enjoyed these sights of nature with relaxing music and quotations!
- Come back again soon!
This guided relaxation video is well focused with quotations related to the ocean and just one video clip of Ocean Waves Over Pebbles On Beach used in the relaxation session which fills the screen completely. The motion of the ocean waves within the video clip provides both interest and something to focus on during relaxation. The audio is a combination of thought provoking ocean quotes and nice relaxing music which compliments the ocean waves. There is also a nice session preparation and session ending.
I think this is a very good video for relaxation. It would also be great for use as an ambient background video if the session preparation and session ending were removed, and it was set to repeat play.
What do you think about the video? Relaxing? Tell me in the comments!
OR - Other Posts You May Like!